Accelerated Freefall Residential Weeks
Residential Weeks 2015
Places still available
- September - Weds 30th - 3 places
Please note you do not have to join a residential week to complete the full AFF course with us. We run AFF ground training at least once a week at Hibaldstow. You can start learning to skydive with at anytime and stay with us for as long or short a time as you wish.
**Skydive HIbaldstow is proud to be host to the British National Skydiving Championships 2015 - however this means we are unable to offer student skydives over these two weekends - 22nd & 29th August 2015**
Please contact us for more details.
How much does it cost?
The price is £1525 and includes:
- 1 Day comprehensive ground-training
- AFF Levels 1 - 8 (1 jump per level)
- Video de-brief of each skydive
- Goggles, gloves and a logbook
- Temporary BPA membership (1 months unlimited jumping)
- 5 Nights shared onsite accommodation (Sun -Thurs or Weds - Sun)
- 6 Days breakfast & lunch for the fixed days of the course (Sun-Fri or Weds-Mon)
- Additional upgrades available - contact us for details
What is not included:
- Consolidation jumps
- Any additional nights accommodation
- Evening meals
- Any repeat levels
- Outside video and photos
The deposit is £300 which leaves you £1225 to pay on arrival.
After the AFF course
After passing the 8 levels of AFF, there are an addition 10 consolidation jumps to complete which costs an extra £35 per jump including all equipment & instruction. (Or £330 for a block of 10) You can pay as you jump with these skydives.
How long does it take?
Our intensive skydiving courses run for 5/6 days starting every week April - September. You are welcome to stay longer for additional days to complete the necessary jumps.
Sky diving is a weather dependant sport and it’s the one aspect we can neither control nor predict. Plus the speed at which you progress in your training depends on how you the student, take to this extreme sport. All being well, you can expect to complete 3 jumps per day, but sometimes more or less.
The Accelerated Freefall Progression System
Day 1 Groundschool: Training starts at 9am and over the course of the day a fully qualified BPA instructor will teach you everything you need to know to safely complete your first skydive.
Unfortunately it’s not always possible to complete the Level 1 jump immediately after the course and you may find that you jump the following morning.
Accompanied by two expert instructors you jump from 15,000ft wearing your own parachute and after up to one minute of exhilarating freefall you open and land it yourself.
Day 3 Levels 4/5/6: From Level 4 onwards you are now accompanied by only one instructor and you begin to learn how to turn and move in the sky as well as having some fun with backlooping and unstable exits.
Day 4 Levels 7/8: Begin your solo consolidation jumps. Level 7 is essentially a qualifying dive and incorporates all the skills you have learnt over the previous jumps.
Days 5 - 7: Consolidation jumps if you wish to stay with us.
Why choose us?
Not only are we offering a great skydiving deal but we have been operating for over 20 years and have been host to all the National Skydiving Championships for the past decade, so with Skydive Hibaldstow you’re in safe hands.
- Our BPA qualified instructors are experienced and professional.
- The dropzone owns a fleet of fast turbine aircraft, which climb quickly enabling us to take advantage of good weather.
- We fly to 15,000ft, the highest altitude in the country, giving you valuable extra time in freefall, essential for AFF students.
Want more information? Click here to request more information.
What's not included
- If you don’t successfully complete a Level then you may need to do it again. This is known as a Repeat level and these are not included in the cost.
- Personal accident insurance. Whilst this is not compulsory, its worth considering.
- Evenings meals are not included in the price and are available locally from takeaways or you can visit local pubs and restaurants. Our onsite Bar will be open for drinks and you will have the opportunity to watch the day's AFF parachute jumps on our video system.
What to bring with you
- If you staying onsite then you’ll need a sleeping bag, pillow and towel.
- Comfortable clothes with lots of layers are advisable.
- Trainers to jump in. A second pair of shoes is also good idea.
- A book or movie etc, in case there are any weather delays.
- There is free WiFi access at the parachute centre.
What happens if I don't complete the course in time?
Don’t worry. Should you not be able to complete the course in the week all is not
lost. Although the package price is non-refundable, all monies paid do stay on account and we are open virtually every day for you to return and continue your parachuting course.
However there are some ‘currency’ requirements which you will be made aware of when you start your course. After one month you will need to upgrade your BPA membership at an additional cost.
Alternative to the Residential course
If you do not have the time to take a whole week off work to do the intensive course, or want to book for alternative dates you can signup for the standard AFF course. Students are welcome to stay with us for as long or short a time as they wish.
- AFF Level 1 - Is available as a unique introduction to the accelerated freefall system or as a one-off skydiving experience. Then if you decide to carry on, then you can sign up for the remaining 7 levels of the course.
- Full Course - The full 8 level course can be taken at your convenience at weekends or mid-week.
Call us on 01132 505600, send us an email or Skype us ( our Skype user name is Target Skysports Office)